Tuesday 16 July 2013

Trying to fit in... as a tourist XD

I got to try out the Sarawak River Cruise!! For the first time!!

Don't we get this all the time? We don't try out the different tourist sports in our own hometown. It's kinda ironic because about a week before this, I said to someone "Why spend so much to go on that cruise? What's so interesting to see along the river?". Then God so smartly conspired to send me on that same 'interesting' cruise. My dad and some of his friends from out of town arranged to go on it, they had extra tickets so I thought, "Why not?". I would never have gone on it anyway if I had to pay for it.

Here's some pictures from the ride. It was awesome seeing some really familiar buildings but from another angle :)

 Brooke Dockyard!! I've always heard of this building from my parents but it's soo different actually seeing that name on the building. It's so old, there's a beauty to it.

 The Kuching District Mosque. The tombstones kinda add to its beauty. I'm sure some people think the same cos I saw a couple of people just relaxing beneath the coconut tree (and it's not usual among Malaysians to hang about graveyards) :)

 There's nothing new to me about this particular view. You can just see it right from the Waterfront without needing to go on the cruise. But I added it here because I learnt something new about the history of the place. The small tower from which the flag is flown used to be covered in ivy and it was believed that it was forbidden to cut the ivy off. However, this superstition was ignored and someone ordered the ivy cleared from the tower. Three days later, that person died in an accident :O

 It's almost impossible for a tourist visiting Sarawak to not witness at least one traditional dance performance.

I caught this using my parent's Sony DSC-WX100. It lacks that sunset mode on Canon digital cameras which add more warmth and oomph to sunsets, making the simplest sunsets look magnificent. So with the Sony, I had to wait for the sky to actually really look like this. At least it doesn't lie, haha.

The whole cruise wasn't so bad. It was nice seeing things from another angle but there's no way that I would have spent RM60 (Not too sure if that's the price) just for that. My favourite part was the sunset and heck, you can get that anywhere. But it was good, wouldn't say that it was a waste of time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment